Saturday 12 October 2013

YESTERDAY: HERACLITUS AND THE BEATLES

Yesterday whilst strolling around Buxton, I was reminded of Heraclitus's observation that "Everything changes and nothing remains still ... and ... you cannot step twice into the same stream".

A bookstore that was so familiar to me and had been there for at least fifteen years, replaced by a new store.  It reminded me of Heraclitus and how we live in a constant state of flux and change.

I was also reminded of the lyrics to the song "There are places I remember" by the Beatles:


There are places I remember all my life
Though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
Of lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I loved them all





Read more: Beatles - There Are Places I Remember Lyrics | MetroLyrics 




Please feel free to comment and/or add more information here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment