Wednesday 25 December 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS


Wishing everybody a Merry Christmas and New Year.   I think the snowman in the Heino medley to be a little sinister which brings me to my fondest memories of Christmas when a child. It was a tradition in our household on Boxing Day, to tell a ghost story. My sister,  Cassie and I would gather in the darkened dining  room,  the only illumination being the red glow of the fire,  its logs crackling and hissing,  which we would huddle before while father,  seated in a high backed old leather chair,  read to us a ghost story. More often than not it was by the master of the craft MR James. Many of the stories involved Oxford Dons, Anglo Saxon legends and archaeologists so Mr MR James has a lot to answer for!   Needless to say, we were transfixed by father's tales and wonderfully scared throughout. We were both  so frightened that we looked forward to it every year!

I've set this post on a timer so it ought to reach you at the witching hour and on Christmas day!

Here is a documentary on the man who collaborated with father to frighten us delightfully.  Thank you for taking the time to read my posts this year.

Lyds



Please feel free to comment and/or add more information here. Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment